poniedziałek, 28 października 2013

Quote01

"The role of a Concept Artist is the role of an explorer, tasked with charting a world without sunlight. (...)
You start off with your reference and research. These are well established base camps. They’re well lit, highly populated and safe. The better your reference the better your bearings will be. The artist’s job is to start at base camp with a bag of torches and run furiously out into the darkness. Every doodle, sketch, painting and storyboard is a torch lit somewhere out in the black."

-Matt Rhodes, Concept art behind scenes 

Horrors of war.

I always remind myself this quote when I can't find "the right path" during my concept work. It's all about exploring new and mysterious land, and it's only depends on you how much it'll be fascinating.

I can feel that I'm really close to find satisfying results during my work on Sven and Martin animation concept. I'm looking at today sketch and now I know - here's my new base camp. I also know that's not the final stage but I'm not afraid. Moreover!.. come at me darkness! I'm ready for an adventure!

Cheers!
M.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz